Friday, September 22, 2006
The Friday Five


# Given a choice, and imagining that money and time were no object, would you rather cook dinner, eat out or order in?

I would rather eat out. I really enjoy having some place to go and something to do. Don't get me wrong, spending time at home is nice, too, but I also like to get out. Besides, it's nice to have someone else cook your food, bring it to you and then clean up when you are done!

# What is the most elaborate meal you've ever prepared yourself or purchased at a restaurant?

The summer after my freshman year in college, Andrea and I went out with our boyfriends-of-the-moment, Josh and Scott. Josh chose the restaurant and paid. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was a seafood restaurant in downtown Cleveland. We had appetizers - I believe calamari and blue fin tuna. I ordered scallops on garlic mashed potatoes for the main course. We also had dessert, but I can't for the life of me remember what. We got coffee after dinner, too. I don't like coffee, so I got some Bailey's in mine.... mind you, I was only 19. I guess they figured if you could afford to be in a place like that, you had to be over 21. Well, they figured wrong. The place was just so fancy and so nice.... everything was delicious and expensive. I figure it was the most elaborate meal because we actually had all the courses, plus it is honestly the meal that sticks out in my head the most.

# What food do you find yourself making and/or eating way too much?

Lately it's been Dairy Queen. They know my name there. Pathetic. I have my own concoction that I get. A blizzard with Cocoa fudge, chocolate chip cookie dough and brownie pieces, with whipped cream on top. Try it some time, it's delish.

# What was your most disastrous cooking/eating out experience?

The first birthday of Nathan's that we spent together, I made him a cake. From scratch. With icing. From scratch. I was so extremely proud of myself, I can't even describe it. Well, I ended up going to Cleveland for the weekend. We didn't have a cake taker at the time, so Nathan suggested to put it in the oven for safe keeping. Well, I guess he didn't remember his own suggestion, because when he went to make dinner for the kids after I left, he didn't take the cake out first. He ruined all my hard work. I have never made a cake from scratch again.

# Would you rather cook for someone else or have them cook for you?

Definitely have someone else cook for me. I think it's because I am lazy. I do enjoy cooking, but I am always worried that the people I am cooking for won't like what I make. You shouldn't get nervous about cooking for crying out loud. I'll just let someone else do it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer